While making a video call, you should ask yourself what you should not do on a video call? This is often a big stumbling block for those considering using video conferencing because they have no idea what to avoid, or at least that they did not know it.
Many people who use video conferencing find it a great tool and see how it can help them achieve their goals. However, some of them find it difficult to understand what is acceptable and what is not.
You need to know about video conferencing because the only thing that you should not do is inappropriately talk about sensitive things. As long as your communication is clear and you do not use words that will hurt someone’s feelings, you can say what you want. You need to make sure that you are clear with the person you are talking to when communicating.
Things to Avoid on Video Calls in 2020
- Never, ever talk about how much you hate the weather. This is just going to make you look like an idiot, and if you do this at a business conference, you will be laughed at. Please make sure you explain why you are unhappy with the weather, but that you do not lie about it. Also, never call someone a loser, even if they did something bad.
- Never tell someone that you are feeling jealous. This may sound like a good idea, but it is actually against what you should do at a video conference. There are many times where this is true, but you should know better than to say it aloud.
- Never tell people to sit down. Even if it is a conference that you were invited to, it isn’t nice to sit down during a video conferencing call.
- Never try to sell anyone on a product. Often, people are very shy when it comes to selling, so they might think you are trying to sell to them.
- Never advise on how to do something that does not work. People want to know what should be done, and they are not interested in being told something that will never work.
- Never ever talk about the wrong thing. You should never discuss some situations, and you need to be very clear with who you are speaking with. If you are dealing with someone from a business, they will not understand why you are not interested in their company if you are telling them that you like the brand of shoe that is on the market.
- Never ask for favors. If you have to ask for help, you need to make sure that you are clear with the person you ask. And that you have a good reason for doing this.
- Never try to manipulate someone. If you have to make someone believes something that you cannot stand or think, you need to make sure that you are very clear about it.
- Never say “no,” too often. If you feel like you need to say “no,” you can always say so and wait for the person to respond to you instead of talking them into doing something that they do not want to do.
- Never, ever interrupt somebody during a facetime video conferencing call.
Sometimes, it is difficult to keep up a conversation, but if you do not want someone to end a conversation, then you should avoid talking to them for a while.
If you are going to be making use of VoIP, then there are a few things that you should do and avoid. These include the use of a microphone for a discussion on the phone and the use of a webcam for a video conference call. Using a microphone to make an audio call is a very common mistake. You do not want to make use of a microphone and then have a microphone conversation with someone else at the same time. You should try to avoid using microphones for any audio conference call, as this is not advisable.
The use of a camera to create a video conference call is a much better idea. A video camera can capture all the images and videos that are being made and then play them back in the video conferencing software. All the participants will be able to see what the conference is about. This will ensure that everyone in the conference is clear on what is going on in the discussion and that all participants are in agreement.